ABOUT US @ RIVERDALE hub
The Riverdale Hub in the east end of Toronto houses the Social Gardener Café, Riverdale Hub Gallery, unique event and work spaces, green initiatives and work-based training programs. Our innovative space has been developed to inspire social entrepreneurship, drive innovation and build community capacity.
The purpose of the Riverdale Immigrant Women Enterprises (RIWE), commonly known as the Riverdale Hub, is to sustain a vibrant organization that balances the socio-economic, cultural, environmental and artistic needs and aspirations of minority communities.
Nurture and foster values of creativity, inclusion, social justice, environmental sustainability, equity and community health.
Our vision animates a working model of innovative social entrepreneurship, environmental sustainability and community revitalization through the arts. We strive to create a transformative space informed by values of innovation, sustainability and equality to become a catalyst for progressive social change and action. We aspire to bring together artists, environmentalists, and other progressive groups and individuals to create synergies, share and develop ideas for community revitalisation.
- Provide space for social enterprise development and programming that enable minority women and their families to develop sustainable livelihoods and achieve financial self-sufficiency.
- Offer training and placement to marginalised women and youth in the enterprises developed to enable them to get a foothold in the Canadian job market.
- Create social enterprises that support food security and promote the physical, mental health and wellbeing of the community.
- Sustain programming through sound financial management and development of equity within the building.
- Offer co-working and event space to the community to sustain our programs and services.
- Revitalize the community through collaborative partnership development.
- Create a green building that will minimize our environmental footprint, model sustainable energy management to organizations and communities.
- Create gallery spaces where the cultural art forms of minority communities are valued, promoted and showcased.
- Make the Riverdale Hub fully accessible to the community through its programs and structure.