WOMEN IN THE garden
We help women in our community to be their best through nutrition & cooking, gardening, and fitness & mindfulness practices. Interested in joining our program? Contact us below for more information.
ABOUT the program
Women in the Garden is a culturally-relevant, intergenerational health & wellbeing program that engages marginalized immigrant and refugee women. Using gardening as a guiding framework, our mission is to holistically address and support access to healthy food, physical & emotional health, access to community resources, and to strengthen community connections and leadership skills.
WHAT YOU CAN expect
- Learn the basics of gardening and how to grow food both in- and out-doors
- Learn about nutrition and healthy eating tools & practices for everyday
- Experiment with cooking healthy, tasty and budget-friendly recipes
- Try out online exercise & wellness classes that will benefit your mind and body
- Participate in online workshops, talks and discussions
- Connect with others, share experiences and helpful gardening, cooking and wellness tips
WHY WE DO what we do
- To support and empower marginalized and newcomer women to take control of their overall health and wellbeing
- To enhance physical & mental wellness through the practice of age-appropriate and stimulating exercise, gardening activities, and mindful meditation
- To improve access to healthy and affordable food through gardening, cooking & nutrition, and health information workshops
- To combat social isolation by strengthening community connections and creating networks of interpersonal support